University Student Council General Election
March 06, 2012
Revised USC Ellection SY 2012 - 2013
(Comelec Resolution No. 01-2012)
|February 17, 2012||FILING OF CERTIFICATES OFCANDIDACY ||OSAS/USC|
|March 7, 2012||START OF ELECTION CAMPAIGN|
|March 9, 2012||LAST DAY OF FILING CERTIFICATES OFCANDIDACY |
Duly accomplished by the studentcandidates approved by
OSAS Dean/Director Director with two(2)pcs.of latest 2x2 ID picture.
|March 10, 2012||DETERMINATION OF ELIGIBLECANDIDATES||USC COMELEC|
|ROOM - TO - ROOM CAMPAIGN|
Miting de AvanceSubject for approval by the VP forAcademic Affairs
|March 13, 2012||Orientation of Comelec Advisers & Poll Clerks|
To be announced by Comelec Chair
|March 16, 2012||ELECTION DAY||Comp Lab rooms|
|March 19, 2011||LAST DAY OF FILING ELECTIONPROTEST||COMELEC|
|USC MASS INDUCTION ANDLEADERSHIP SEMINAR|
Student Parliament, College Student Councils, Officers
and Faculty Advisers; Academic and Non-Academic Organizations, the Alternative
To be elected at large
To be elected at the College level
One Representative for every 500 student
enrolled in the department
Arts and Sciences
Engineering and Architecture
Criminal Justice Education
Hospitality and Tourism Management
Information Technology and Computer Science
Qualification for All Positions:
- RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: A candidate must have been enrolled in the University of the Cordilleras for at least two (2) consecutive trimesters/semesters immediately preceding the election.
- ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION: A candidate must have no failing grade in the immediately preceding trimester/semester, provided that a grade, "UNOFFICIALLY DROPPED," shall be considered a failing grade.
- BONA FIDE STUDENT: A candidate must be currently enrolled at the University with a minimum of 9 units, provided that if a candidate wins in the election, he/she shall be enrolled in not less than 75% of the units offered in his/her department in the trimester/semester immediately following the election.
- GOOD MORAL CHARACTER: A candidate must not have been previously convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude; nor found guilty of violation of the student handbook.
- NON-MEMBERSHIP IN ILLEGAL CLUBS: A candidate must not be a member of any club or organizations previously declared illegal by school authorities.