Why University of the Cordilleras?
Autonomous & Accredited
On June 10, 2010, the University of the Cordilleras was conferred the "Autonomus Status" by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), after being issued the "Award of Distinction" certificate by the CHED Chairman himself, Emmanuel Y. Angeles. The certificate cited UC's exemplary performance in the trilogy functions of higher education, namely: instruction, research in public service, and in recognition of the outstanding performance of its graduates; which manifest UC's genuine commitment to quality excellence and global competitiveness.
This distinction came after UC's assessment and affirmation of quality standards through CHED's "Institutional Quality Assurance through Monitoring and Evaluation (IQuAME)" during a visit by CHED's respected panels of experts and assessors from different institutions and regions on May 16, 2010. The 3-day visit, highlighted with interviews and ocular inspection, provided for the panel, evidences of substantive and significant adherence to the following quality assurance areas: Governance and Management, Quality of Teaching and Research, Support for Students, Relations with the Community, and Management of Resources. Whereupon, the CHED Commissioners, in an en banc session in May 26, 2010, certified and approved the panel's final report recommendation, that UC have complied with all quality standards corresponding to "Category A(teaching)", or as a "Teaching University". UC is so far the only Higher Educational Institution in the Cordillera Administration Region (CAR) to achieve this highest level of categorization through an institutional accreditation. This certification and the awarding of Autonomous Status is a manifestation of UC's policy to deliberately seek external scrutiny, as an engine for assuring continuous institutional self-improvement.
Legion of Bar & Board Topnotchers
- 2 first placers with 18 topnotchers in the bar exams for lawyers
- 117 topnotchers in the board exams for criminologists
- 77 topnotchers in the board exams for architects, engineers, teachers, nurses and CPAs
The University of the Cordilleras has formal ties with international educational institutions and agencies, under either as project-based linkages, sisterhood partnership or exchange agreements. Currently, UC has active linkages with the following:
International Educational Institutions
International Organizations and Affiliations
- Australian Trade Training College (Australia)
- Guizhou University (China)
- Henan University (China)
- SIAS International University (China)
- Yellow River Conservancy Technical Institute (China)
- Kyung Hee University (South Korea)
- Dongguk University (South Korea)
- Daego Health College (South Korea)
- South East Asian Ministers Education Organization (SEAMEO)
- Association of Universities of Asia and the Pacific (AUAP)
- Ministry of Manpower of Singapore
- AQUAVIR International, Inc.
- ASCEND International Services, Inc.
- SAMEER Overseas Placement Agency, Inc.
- 2000 Miles Placement Agency, Inc.
A trend-setting University with a history of pursuing the innovative path, UC conducts its academic programs on a trimestral basis. A four-year course can be completed in three years, resulting in huge savings in the living expenses of students, together with a fast and focused track to the professional world.
- continuous upgrading of academic support facilities and infrastructure
- maintains latest technology in ICT and laboratory equipment
- accredited and recognized testing, research and software development centers
- awarded as cleanest and greenest school in Baguio City